I am humbled and honored to be nominated for an award. This one coming from my friend Peter over at Reinvention Diary. These awards are cool for several reasons. One is that it gives us a chance to share random things about ourselves that most of our readers do not know. It gives those reading this an opportunity to check out other blog sites they be unfamiliar with. To those that are nominated it shows our respect and appreciation for their work.
This one actually does mean a lot to me coming from Peter because the German definition of Liebster is beloved, which means dear to the heart. Here is what Peter said in his nomination blog about my blog site:
Something to Stu (stew) Over is a blog dealing with sex addiction and the virtue of chastity. I’ve been following for a while, and Stuart has taught me a lot.
That statement was very humbling and appreciated. It means that he appreciates what I writing about and sharing. It also means that through the words typed God is moving. That is why it mean a lot. It is not the award per se but the meaning behind it.
I will admit that I have not been reading as many blogs as I use too. Life kinda does not that sometimes. Even my personal favs I been lacking in reading…sadly. I feel so out of touch. Here are the ones I cherish the most…in no order of preference by the way:
Hot, Holy & Humorous where J talks about sex and marriage by God’s design openly and honestly.
Bonny’s Oyster Bed where I have learned several thing not only about marriage, love and nurturing your spouse, but also things about the female anatomy that I did not know. Pretty cool!
Three Boys and a Mom where Rachael talks about raising her three sons as a single mom after divorce. I love it! Such antics these little ones get into. Her honesty in sharing is a special treat.
One Helpmate…now this one…this one is written by a wife who found out her husband is addicted to pornography. Instead of internalizing her anger and disappointment she has chosen to write about it. I also love the fact that, as many women have, she has chosen to stand by their man. Go over and give her a shout out.
The Forgiven Wife where Chris’ mission is to encourage Christian wives as they break away from sexual withholding and gate-keeping. Such a wonderful site full of insight for us husbands as well.
GloryBound Christian Ministries where my brother in Christ Dan is helping pave the way in getting men out of destructive lifestyles.
Now for eleven questions to ask…hmmm. Well since I like Peter’s last question I will start with that one first.
1. What strengthens your faith?
2. What random thing do you want to accomplish in 2015?
3. What is you favorite dessert?
4. Which book have your read over and over again?
5. What is your favorite verse in the Bible?
6. What type of creature scares you?
7. Do you enjoy the true camping experience or the fancy way?
8. How do you manage to maintain consistency in posting?
9. What does the term Christian mean to you?
10. If you are a gamer, what is your favorite game?
11. What does the term sexual integrity mean to you?
Here are the questions Peter asked with my responses:
1) Why do you blog?
- I started blogging in hopes that by sharing some of my experiences in life it would help others NOT make the same mistakes that I did whether as an addict, father or husband. I made a lot of bad decisions. Prayerfully some of the things written will also give others hope.
2) What keeps your blog fresh? How do you keep from just repeating yourself? (I really want to know!)
- My freshness comes from God more than likely. Though I do talk a lot of sexual issues God gives me random thoughts while I am praying on fatherhood, being a better husband, etc. For some of those I am like…really?
- I’m know I repeat myself, especially when I am talking about my past. And that is ok.
3) What is your spirit animal?
- Hey, Peter, what exactly is a spirit animal??
4) In one sentence, what do you think of “stuff”?
- Blah, I have too much and I need to condense.
5) Lefty or Righty?
- I am a righty
6) Do you prefer city life or country life?
- I love the country life. It is so peaceful and no city lights blaring in your window as you go to bed.
7) If you discovered a magic ring that made you invisible, what would you do with it?
- LOL, I know what I would have done in high school but now I would make it invisible so I would not tempted to ever use it.
8) Were you cheering for the Patriots or the Seahawks?
- Honestly neither as I truly do not like football anymore.
9) What makes you laugh?
- Awe man, there are so many things that can set me off. A corny sign, my children, the antics animals get themselves into and yeah, I still can crack up over a “dirty” joke when done with taste.
10) What makes you want to pray?
To draw closer to God. That is how my relationship with the Father grows is through pray.
11) What strengthens your faith?
- Watching God move & work in others is what does for me as well as prayer, of course.
Now for some random things about me that you may not know. Hmmmm…
I still struggle with lust. I once won third place in a state competition for an oil painting I did of a lighthouse. I prefer cats over dogs. I am a good listener. I love calligraphy. I love listening to worship music despite the fact I am a metal head. I love playing the Lego games. The book that has made me cry every time I read it: Though None Go With Me by Jerry Jenkins. The worse hour of my life was trying to watch Napoleon Dynamite. I once sold a calligraphy piece I did of the song Pardon Me by Allies that I did in high school. I love sushi. My first crush was on Farrah Fawcett.