Wow! Twelve nominations for this award this year. What a trip! They did not come one per month. Several of them came within weeks of each of each. And some within days of each other. But that is how these awards go….in spurts.
Steve, my brother, thank you so much for this nomination to participate in the Sunshine Blogger Award! I am deeply honored bro!
For those of you who are not following Steve…what the heck are you waiting for? An open invitation?
Ok, well here it is. Dear friends, I proudly ask that you follow Steve as he shares his love for animals, nature, great memories and God. Steve is a blessing to me. He always brings a smile to my face and he is a wonderful prayer partner to boot!
The rules for this awesome award are, which I will follow somewhat…
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog so others can find them.
- List the rules and display an award logo on your blog post.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and notify them by commenting on any of their posts.
- Ask the nominees 11 new questions.
Here are Steve’s questions…
1. Do you like walking?
Yes, I do. It’s just now I am doing more than I want too…lol
2. Would you prefer to walk in the city or country?
I prefer walking in the country as it is more peaceful. Peaceful as in no cars, no sirens, just the wind and sounds of nature.
3. Do you have any hobbies outside of blogging? Name two if you have any.
One is reading. The Talisman by Stephen King is one of my favorites.
My second hobby would be watching super hero movies 🙂
4. Do you decorate for Christmas?
I have not decorated for Christmas since the kids were little. And being single I really see no point.
5. Do you make New Year’s resolutions?
Yes, my resolution for 2019 was to be more intentional. I believe, that despite all that has happened in my life this year I have stayed with that resolution to the best of ability.
6. Have you ever traveled outside your country by yourself?
No, I went to Honduras with a mission group with our local Celebrate Recovery group.
7. Do you prefer to travel by yourself or with someone?
I love driving alone as it gives me a chance to clear my mind, listen to my music and pray! But the company of another could be fun 😉😜
8. Do you enjoy reading?
I love reading. It takes me to a different time, a different place…
9. Do you prefer real books or ebooks?
Real books. I’m old school. I love the smell of books as well as the physical touch of the pages.
10. Do you drive?
Well, I would if I had a car! I love driving!
11. Do you like singing? Alone or with people around listening?
I used to sing in the youth choir at church. I love singing when no one else is around. Now I have been known to sing and dance with a certain someone 😉 a few years ago. She didn’t complain one bit 😍
Here are my fellow bloggers I give this award to:
My questions will be geared towards the season of the year…so here we go…
1. What is your most treasured Christmas memory?
2. As a child, would you stay awake to the wee hours hoping to catch a glimpse of “Santa”?
3. Did you have a favorite Christmas gift?
4. What is your favorite Christmas song?
5. How do you divide your time between families during Christmas Eve and Christmas day?
6. If your children are grown, do you have a special memory from their Christmas’s as a child?
7. What is the most outlandish gift you have bought for someone?
8. Where do/did you hide all those presents?
9. Do you decorate your tree with homemade items that have memories attached to them?
10. Are you a real or artificial tree person?
11. And lastly, the most important question I can ever ask. Do you know that Christmas is not about the overspending on gifts and hectic race to have the newest thing on the market but about celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ, the one and only Son of God, who left glory to be born of human flesh and die for your sins?
*For those I have given this award to, please do not feel obligated to participate. I just want you to know that I appreciate you and your blog! Have a great week!*