Thank you so much Maxine for thinking of me for The Barnabas Award and for your kind words!
Folks, if you do not follow Maxine you need to. Her posts are always from the heart and her encouraging spirit is a true blessing! Go check her out at HEAVENSREEF.
You have been chosen for this recognition because of the encouragement and inspiration you bring to your readers.
BARNABAS AWARD RULES:
Thank the person who nominated you, and share their blog.
Think of five bloggers who encourage you and inspire you and list them.
List five things about yourself.
Lastly, ask your nominees five questions……why five? Because it is the number that signifies grace!
Here are Maxine’s questions:
1. When you were a child, who was your biggest encourager?
As a child it would have to be my Aunt B 😊 and my Aunt Mary. Both are my mother’s sisters and they loved me dearly. Always praying for me and encouraging to be a better person.
2. Now, today, who encourages you the most?
Angie. She knows exactly what to say and she puts it in stulanguage for me to keep me motivated.
3. How can you be a better Barnabas to those around you?
Read the Bible more. Memorize scripture better so I can provide insight from God’s Word quickly and accurately.
4. What one story in the Bible encourages you to press on in your faith every time you read it?
Job, because I have had everything taken from me at one time in my life. Family, friends, transportation, home and job during a very difficult time. But God does restore. Not as quickly as the story leads one to believe but it is still an encouragement to me.
5. What is your most encouraging verse from the Bible……your “go to” verse when you so need it?
It’s still James 5:16. You can’t heal from what you will not confront! And confessing it to another brings it to light and allows the healing to begin.
5 things about Stu:
I’m a firm believer that the Bible is indeed the word of God!
No matter what the relationship Angie and I will share in the future I will always love her and be there for her!♥️
I’ve had my nose bit off by a Rottweiler 😲
I still struggle with desires of the flesh periodically.
Have I mentioned how much I love my kids? I have? Well it’s the truth!
I am giving this award to…
Here are my questions ladies & gents 😊
1. Which song picks you up the minute you hear it?
2. In your short time on this Earth who has been your biggest inspiration?
3. Who is your biggest encourager blog wise?
4. How can you be a better Barnabas to those around you?
5. How do you encourage that friend who is going through a hard time?
I like what Maxine added to her award so I am including it in mine 😊
LET US ALL……continue to encourage our readers and one another and remember that being a Barnabas is worthwhile to everyone you encounter! And remember this scripture about him……
ACTS 11; 23-24 “WHEN HE ARRIVED AND SAW THE GRACE OF GOD, HE WAS GLAD AND ENCOURAGED ALL OF THEM TO REMAIN TRUE TO THE LORD WITH DEVOTED HEARTS , FOR HE WAS A GOOD MAN, FULL OF THE HOLY SPIRIT AND OF FAITH. AND LARGE NUMBERS OF PEOPLE WERE ADDED TO THE LORD.”