Mandy, thank you so much for choosing me to participate in the Sunshine Blogger Award. Guys, you really should check out Mandy’s blog. Just click on the above link and go from post to post 😊
Here are the guidelines:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog so others can find them. ✔
- List the rules and display an award logo on your blog post.✔
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.✔
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and notify them by commenting on any of their posts.❌
- Ask the nominees 11 new questions.✔
Here are Mandy’s questions:
1. (In honor of September…) Where were you when you first heard about 9/11? (If you weren’t alive at the time or were too young, describe the way in which you first learned about it and your reaction. If you aren’t American, don’t feel like you’re under a microscope or your thoughts aren’t valued just as much.)
I was in Litte Rock Arkansas on a business trip with District Managers and the Regional Manager for Movie Gallery. It was on the news when we came out of our meeting to take a break. Needless to say the break to longer than originally planned 😦
2. What is your favorite animal and why?
The bald eagle because of how majestic they are
3. If you could only have one more meal, what would it be? Multiple courses and desserts allowed and encouraged 😊
A medium rare steak grilled to perfection with a huge baked potato loaded with butter, sour cream, chives, bacon and cheese with good ole home fried okra…yummers!!
For dessert it would have to be half a plate of moist and gooey brownies with chocolate ice cream on top and chocolate syrup 😍
4. What is your favorite book?
Right now…Deadfall by Robert Liparulo. I actually read this book years ago but scenes from the book will stil play in my head 😊
5. Do you prefer rainy or sunny days?
I prefer rainy days. I sleep better with the noise from the rain 🙂
6. Why did you start your blog?
I started blogging to share my story and mistakes in hopes of helping others not make the same mistakes I did.
7. What was your favorite subject in school? (PE and lunch and recess are totally allowed!)
Art was my favorite subject. Though several of my teachers made their classes interesting and fun.
8. Where have you always wanted to visit?
9. What historical person inspires you the most?
This one is easy! There was a man who barely lived past thirty and his mission in life really didn’t start until three years before his death. He showed those around him the true meaning of love. He gave of himself, he helped feed thousands, he spoke the truth and he healed many people. But some didn’t like him for the things he did and said. They wanted him dead.
This innocent man hung on a cross and in that excruciating death showed the ultimate act of love. He laid down his life for others!
This man’s name is Jesus! He is my inspiration!
10. Do you know any other languages, and if not, what language would you want to learn?
I took German in high school.but that was just cuz the teacher was hot. Still know a little German and some Spanish. But the only way I would learn another language was if I moved to a different country.
11. What is your strangest hobby?
I guess my strangest hobby would have to be collecting hard back books and CDs. I still want a hard copy of my music. At one time I had over 2,000 CDs. But since peope have become lazy and do not go shopping at Christian establishments they have all but closed. And most buy digital copies. But the search continues 🙂
Here are my fellow bloggers I am giving this award to:
Here are my questions:
1. How do you find beauty amongst the chaos?
2. Do you have a special prayer “closet”?
3. Why is it that women seem to be more spiritually minded than men?
4. Why are the buttons on men’s and women’s shirts so different?
5. Speaking of that…why are women’s jean pockets so small? Is it because you all have purses?
6. I liked this question Brandy posed so…If you could only have one more meal, what would it be?
7. How do you cope with the everyday stressors?
8. How do like your coffee?
9. Looking back, what is the one thing you regret NOT doing?
10. What is your #1 pet peeve?
11. Who was your first true love?
*To those whom I give this award to, please do not feel obligated to participate. I just want to say thank you for all you do!