Thank you so much Renee! I truly appreciate you nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award!!
Guys, if you have not checked out my dear friends blog you are truly missing out on a blessing! Go now! This post will be here when you have read a few posts and followed her.
Ok. See I told you this would still be here 🙂 Now onto the award!
1. Use the sunshine blogger award logo
2. Give thanks to the blogger that nominated you
3. Answer the 11 questions given to you
4. Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 questions
Here are the questions Renee asked her nominees:
1. What is your favorite holiday?
I know most would choose Christmas. I can’t stand Christmas because the world has turned it into a three ring circus.
My favorite holiday is Thanksgiving because it is a time spent with family and loved ones eating freaking awesome food and even better desserts. It is also a chance for everyone to share what they have been thankful for so far in the year 🙂
2. If you had to choose between traveling by train, ship or plane, which would you choose, if any of these?
I have been out of the country on a plane and it was fun. I have always wanting to ride on one of the old trains! Traveling by ship just sounds romantic so I would have to have a certain someone with me 🙂
But for efficiency reasons I would choose a plane!
3. Would you sleep in a treehouse?
Oh heck YEAH! My dad built one in our backyard when we moved to Shreveport when I was in the second grade. I did sleep in it several times. And now, treehouses are exactly that a house in a tree with a bed, full working kitchen, bath and electricity.
4. Would you sell your house, downsize and move into a cottage?
Yep! My dream house is a cabin on the side of a mountain overlooking a lake in Arkansas ❤
5. Would you eat something you consider yucky (like a spider) for a million dollars?
Are we talking like still alive yucky or dead covered in chocolate yucky?!?
For a million dollars…yeah probably so and then throw up as soon as possible!
6. Do you prefer dressing up or casual, comfy clothes?
I prefer casual clothing. I do not like putting on a monkey suit to try to impress people. I wore them for years working at Gordon’s Jeweler. Though I have been told I look sexy dressed up 😊 And if the woman I love wants me to dress up…I most certainly will!
7. What is your favorite childhood pet memory?
When my dad bought me my first dog. I named him Pooch and he was half Beagle and half Labrador. All black except for his paws, the tip of his tail, and a white streak down his chest. I loved that short little thing 🙂
8. What was your worst childhood injury? (Broken toe, etc)
Let’s see if I can explain this one correctly 😂
I was in elementary school and my dad had bought new tires for his car. My PawPaw had one of the old school ways of changing tires so we went to his house. We changed the tires and brought the old ones home because I wanted to use them as an obstacle course.
Well, I did for a while. Then I stacked all four of them on top of one another, took a running start and jumped! But I didn’t land as expected. Of course not! This is Stu we’re talking about. I landed in the tires upside down😂 But I hit my head on the ground full force. I couldn’t breathe for a while and my back has been messed up ever since then.
That’s it other than a stubbed toe and being bitten by a squirrel…and being stung by a gazzillion yellow jackets to protect my sister who stepped on their nest one day at a park. OUCH!!!
Adulthood would take multiple posts probably😂😂
9. If given a choice, would you ski or scuba dive with the sharks?
Are the sharks hungry? I would say scuba dive. As long as there is air in the tank you could hold onto something and not move as they pass over or by you. But skiing is motion and if they are hungry they are attracted to vibrations in the water.
10. If you could change the world, how would you do it?
The world technically can not change. It is on a timeline God has written. But if I could change one thing about the world it would be the way most people view sex.
Changing the world view on sex would be difficult because so many women see it as something that has to be done in marriage. They have been told it’s only for their husbands pleasure and not theirs 😮. They have also been told to just do it so your man doesn’t cheat. And some associate sex with love.
All of those are freaking WRONG!
Some men feel that it is their right to get sex whenever they want it once the ring is placed on a finger. And some take it…marital rape. Some men don’t care who they get if from, even if married, as long as they get it. And yes, some men do feel as if it is only for them and their wife’s pleasure doesn’t matter.
All of these are freaking WRONG!
There are a lot more issues on the subject.
I would educate both genders. And I would start by sharing this video by Julie…
It brought me to tears at one point!
11. Which do you prefer, moonlight or sunshine?
🤔 This is tough! I love walking by the moonlight and hanging out watching the stars anywhere. But I also like the morning sunrise and the evening sunset.
Can I answer everything except mid day sunshine.😂
Here are my nominees:
Here are my questions:
1. What, in your opinion, is the most majestic of all God’s creation?
2. Are you a read the book type of person or a wait for the movie type?
3. What topic do you feel is the least discussed but the one most needed one to be discussed?
4. Do you prefer hanging out with a group of friends around a fire or chilling alone by a lake?
5. What inspires you to keep blogging?
6. Do you believe the world is going to hell in a hand basket? Why?
7. If you are a Christian, would you be willing to write your testimony as a blog post?
8. If you have written your testimony would you be so kind as to send the link?
9. What is the current color of your kitchen?
10. What is your dream car?
11. Where did the phrase “by the skin of my teeth” originate?
To my nominees:
Please do not feel “pressured” to participate in the award. I know some of you do accept awards and some of you do not. I get it 🙂
This is just my little way of saying thank you for all the rays of sunshine you share with us all.