Lydia has graciously given me The Liebster Award. This young lady is such a blessing and she has a heart for sharing the gospel with others. Please go check out her blog and give her some encouraging words 🙂
Here are the rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- List the rules in your post.
- Answer the questions that you were asked.
- Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers.
- Ask your nominees 11 of your own questions.
- Once you have written and published your post, then inform your nominees of their nomination.
🤔 11 Random Facts About Stu…
My favorite colors are purple, blue and red. Any shade of said color 🙂
My two favorite creatures are horses and eagles!
My favorite pet ever was a cat…a orange tabby named Gonzo! I miss that bugger.
I’ve had a fish jump into the boat and land in my lap.
I caught a five pound bass when I was little and brought it home as a pet. Dad said no and threw it the ditch 😦
My senior trip was a fishing trip with my dad to Beaver Lake in north Arkansas. That was an interesting trip…just saying.
I was a counselor for Presbytery at Camp of the Pines in Bismark, Arkansas for I believe eleven years. The best week out the year!!!
I love reading books and prefer hardcover over paperback.
I used to collect comic books and would spend close to a hundred dollars a week on them.
I love walking into a Christian Bookstore and finding that gem I’ve been wanting. Sadly that is a thing of the past. Most of them have shutdown 😦
I get more pleasure out of pleasing the woman I love than being pleased. (TMI…maybe…but there is a reason I have put it out there)
Here are the questions posed by Lydia:
1. When did you start your blog?
November 20, 2012 and on that day I published my first post entitled Lot And His Wife which was actually a story I wrote for my Spiritual Leaders of the Family Facebook page.
2. How has your blog been a help to you?
It has actually helped it more ways than I ever imagined. It is sort of like Celebrate Recovery when I helped lay the foundation for our chapter in Rayville. I went to help others only to find out I needed to be there for me too!
Through this blog I have the honor of having other men and women of God join me in my journey. They have supported my writing, as sporadic as it was in the first 3 1/2 years, they have prayed with me, for me, encouraged me when I needed it and some have called to chat on the phone and I have gone out to eat with a few over the years. Lasting friendships!
Tosin, next time you are in the states visiting family we must do lunch!
And writing about everyday struggles has allowed me to heal because if you look deep enough a piece of my story is in every post I write irregardless of topic.
3. In your opinion, is there any beverage better than water?
4. What is your biggest goal in life?
To be the best dad I possible can be. And to become the man God wants me to be!
5. What is your favorite part of the day?
That first cup of coffee at 4 in the morning and then that moment I make it to the house and sit down after work.
6. What is your favorite memory of the past?
I actually have a lot of real good memories mixed in with all the other junk. But my absolute favorite memory to date is being there for the birth of my son, Brandon. The most beautiful disgusting thing in the world to be able to witness. I missed Erin’s by about fifteen minutes because I was out of the state working 😦
7. Grapes, blueberries, pears; which is your favorite?
But…but…I love all three!!
Heck, I have to answer so it would pears whether straight off the tree or out of a can with either mayo or cottage cheese on top! Yummers!!!
8. Do you like traveling in a car for a long time? If so, why?
I love driving for long distances. I get to listen to my favorite music, think about stuff and pray. My best prayer times have either been in the shower (TMI) or while driving.
9. When is the last time you rode a roller coaster?
Oh my gosh…to freaking long! Six Flags in Dallas three years out of high school…I think.
10. What are the top 3 meals you enjoy eating?
Breakfast food, sushi, and desserts. All three can be eaten at anytime 🙂
11. Can you play any sports well? If so, what sport/s?
I’ve ran track, played football, baseball and basketball but golf is by far my specialty. I almost went on tour out of high school.
Ladies and gents I chose you to give the Liebster Award to…
Newton at A Discarded Plant
Lulu at Lulu’s Happy Life
Sadje at Keep It Alive
Vanessa at Living Like A Green Olive Tree
Muneeta at Voice
Ashrita at Life Images
Cindy at Real Christian Women
Faith at Faith On The Farm
Grace at When Grace Found Me
Here are my questions for you…
1. How has blogging changed your outlook on life?
2. What is the most amazing thing done for you by someone you love?
3. Do you see prayer as just another task to do or as your most powerful weapon?
4. What is the craziest thing you have ever done?
5. What, if anything, scares you?
6. What is your dream vacation?
7. How many meals do you eat a day?
8. What is you favorite food of all time?
9. When you hear the word freedom what comes to mind?
10. What is your opinion of the Bible, regardless of religious affiliation or denominational malarkey?
11. How do you feel when something horrible happens? Do you blame God or just life?
I hope everyone has an awesome weekend! God bless!!
*To those I have given this award to i would be honored if you would participate but please do not feel obligated! Just wanted to give you a shout out and maybe allow us your readers learn a little more about you.*