I am both humbled and honored to be nominated for The Liebster Award by my dear friend Purple Rose.
This friendship began when we started following each other on Twitter and has come to mean so much to me. Not only is she blogging but she has stepped out in faith and has shared a part of her story in her Mr. Godfather series. I am blessed to call this woman of God my friend and fellow blogger!
Here are the questions posed by Purple Rose:
Well, since my blog has changed somewhat over the years it’s the simple fact that we all have struggles we are dealing with in life, whether it’s an addiction or whatever and the one thing we all need is hope! If something I write can lift someone’s spirit and give encouragement to press on then I’m happy!
I suppose I answered this one in the first question.
The evening time. I get to spend a little time with the kids while they are at Taekwondo. In the summer time on my days off it’s any part of the day 🙂
I live in Louisiana. And no, alligators do not lead Santa’s sleigh.
I do not do cold. I can’t stand being cold so my favorite season is summer.
Why can’t all of it be my favorite? Though, I love Chinese and down home cooking the way my Granny’s would cook.
I honestly can not say I have a true favorite. I guess the woman caught in adultery would be one and then there is Lot and his wife and how Abraham tried to “convince” God to save Sodom and Gomorrah if he could find 10 righteous people.
I’ve always said Paul was my favorite and not because he wrote like almost the whole New Testament. It is because I can relate to him…the chief of sinners saved my grace!
This is a really hard question to answer because technically I should say everything.
But what I treasure most is the fact that He never EVER gave up on me!
In my current season I’m not sure. I guess by me still being intentional with the Daily Inspiration posts I am. Thank you Kathy for always commenting on them and keeping me motivated 🙂 But in other areas I know I should be doing more. Maybe this will be the spurring moment as I had to take a real good look at myself…a spiritual inventory if you will.
Here are 11 random things about Stu…
Like Steve wrote about the other day in his post Sunny Days I don’t like my socks getting wet.
I prefer owning a hard copy of a CD over digital and will import if I have to.
I have no tattoos…yet. I want an eagle on the back of my right shoulder.
My favorite animal is the wild mustang.
My favorite bird is the bald eagle.
I have seen Stryper 15 times in concert. Once in Shreveport. Once in Monroe. And the rest in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area 🤘🤘
Once you are my friend, you will always be my friend…
Oh, I have I told you I love my kids 🙂 ❤❤
I also love my CR family. What a journey the past 7 years have been!
I still love animated movies!
I prefer hardback books over paperback.
So many are worthy of this award. It’s always tough just picking said amount…but here we go….
Man, coming up with questions is always one the hardest parts of these awards for me for some reason. Let me see...🤔
1. Why, as Christians, do we not stand up more to the evils in this world?
2. Why is that we as people in general look down on the homeless, when in fact most of us could be one choice away from being in their shoes?
3. What is your favorite Bible verse and why?
4. What do you do when you are working on a post and just hit a freaking wall and nothing you write seems like the right words?
5. What are your top 2 posts you have written, whether it be in your opinion or based on stats?
6. What part of the world do you live in?
7. Do you feel you are doing enough for the Lord at this point in your life?
8. What is your favorite childhood memory?
9. What would you like to be remembered for?
10. What or who inspires you to be the best you can be in life?
11. How many children to have? Share pictures if you like 🙂
To those I have chosen to participate please do not feel obligated to. I know how busy life can get. Just know that I appreciate you and your blog!