For those of you who have not checked out his blog, you should. He shares a world of intrigue on many topics including mental health issues through photography.
Thank the blogger who nominated you.
Use the “Sunshine Blogger Award” logo on your post.
Answer the 11 questions the selector asks of you.
Nominate 5-11 bloggers you want to give the award to.
Ask the following bloggers that you selected 11 questions of your own.
Here are the questions posed to me by Richard…
1. What makes you cry?
Oh gosh, there are many things that can me cry now a days. But the one thing that gets me the most is when words will not come out when I am praying for someone dear to me and all I can do IS cry.
2. What gives you joy?
My children. Brandon who is ten and Erin who is thirteen. I still can’t believe I have a teenager 😯
3. What is your favorite book and why?
There are a lot of books that I have enjoyed over the years. The one that means the most to me is my Bible. Though it is not the only book that has made me cry and feel peace, it is however the only book that reached the heart of hardened man and guided him from the darkness of his own mind.
4. Who is your hero and why?
There is no mortal man that is my hero. My favorite of all time heroes is Batman. He is a fictional character who, though human, ranks among the best of all super heroes. He uses he strength and knowledge to fight the evils of the world along side Superman, Flash, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Aquaman among others.
5. Favorite food?
Chinese. I could eat it every day 🙂
6. Your reason for blogging?
To help others realize they are not alone in their struggles…hopefully pointing them to a personal relationship with God through my own personal experiences and the freedom and grace He has given me.
7. Your favorite movie and why?
The Last of the Mohicans. It’s just epic!!
8. What is your favorite number?
My favorite number has always been the number 7
9. One thing you have learned about life?
In my 50 years I have learned that life, though hard at times, can be the most joyous experience if we allow hope and love to prevail.
10. What would you say to your younger self?
This is always so hard for me to answer. In my heart I know I would tell my younger self not to take that second look at that Playboy magazine. Just leave it alone. Yet, I feel that I would tell him that God loves you and will be there for you no matter what…just call out to Him. To take heart for He will see you through all the hard times that you must face.
11. One thing you’d change about the world and why?
The one thing I would change about the world is how men and women treat each other. I’m tired of men treating women poorly and I am tired of women not showing respect. They go hand in hand with one another.
But you get what you give. No man will ever gain respect if he treats women as just a booty call.
Coming up with questions is always a tough thing for me. Some of these may seem as if I’m being selfish. But the truth is…I really am curious. So with out further ado…
Here are my questions…
1. What about my blog makes you want to come back and read the next post?
2. Which topic, that I have written about, do you like the most?
3. Which struggle in life, that you are going through, would you like me to write about? (If you do not want to answer publicly that’s cool. Send me an email or look me up on messenger.)
4. Do you believe in the sanctity of marriage?
5. What is your definition of intimacy?
6. We all place sin at different levels of severity. Why do you believe we do that?
7. There is one thing in the Bible I have never truly figured out, so I’m asking for your opinion. How did Adam know that he and Eve were naked?
8. For all you spouses out there….did you know that you are their greatest secret weapon? Your prayers for your spouse are more powerful than you may realize. How do you pray for your spouse?
9. Other than our wonderful blogging community which social media gives you the most support…Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest?
10. If you could make your own Christian tee-shirt design what would it say?
11. Where in this big, yet small, world do you reside?
Now for the hardest part…nominating fellow bloggers. This is such an awesome community and everyone spreads so much joy, love and encouragement it is always so tough to choose. But choose I must…
Here are my nominees…
Jackie at Romans10Seventeen
Jessy at Faith and Books
Stephanie at Stephieopolis
Michelle at Mws R Writings
Ryan at Ryan Callahan’s Blog
For my nominees please know that accepting and participating in this award is completely voluntary. Just my way of saying thank you for being you 🙂