What a crazy first half of the year this has been. Not only was I nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award, the TMI tag and the 3 Day Quote Challenge but I have now been nominated for the Liebster Award by Joni at Grief To Life as well. WOW!!Totally crazy!!
What an honor it is to be recognized by your peers and yet humbling at the same time. I never thought my blog would have 10 followers much less close to 250 or that thousands of people would see a post of mine. I was just doing what I was called to do. And if you had told me five years ago that my blogging friends would come to hold such a dear place in my heart I would have called you crazy….yet they have 🙂
Let’s get this started before I go off on a tangent.
About The Liebster Award
Recognizing bloggers for their efforts is the greatest compliment. The Liebster Award is an opportunity for bloggers to recognize and support other bloggers for their achievements. It’s geared towards blogs with smaller viewership.
The Liebster Award is available from January 1 – December 31, 2018. All nominations are voluntary and if the blogger chooses to accept nomination, I will list the rules at the bottom of this post and the official rules can be found HERE
Here are Joni’s questions posed to her nominees:
1 Three words to describe your blog
Honest, real and thought-provoking
2 What type of music do you listen to?(Genre, artists, songs)
I listen to any genre of music as long as the lyrical content has meaning to me.
Christian bands & my favorite song for each Stryper: Freely Surrender, Seventh Day Slumber: Comatose State, Disciple: Dear X, Danny Gokey: Better Than Gold, Casting Crowns: Come To The Well, Petra: For Annie, Day of Fire: The Dark Hills
Secular bands & my favorite songs for each
David Lee Roth: Paradise
Megadeth: Sweating Bullets
Lenny Kravitz: You’re My Flavor, Cheap Trick: I Want You To Want Me, Meat Loaf: Dead Ringer For Love
I need to stop…this could go on for days…
3 Pizza or tacos?
Pepperoni Pizza with extra cheese and pasta sauce 🙂
4 What is something that you have always wanted to try but were too scared to?
5 Are you presently content with your life?
Honestly, not really. My walk with God could be stronger and I miss being with someone.
6 What are you most proud of in your life?
My son Brandon and my daughter Erin.
7 What was your first car?
A white Camaro with a stereo system that simply rocked.
8 When was the last time you were snooping, and found something you wish you hadn’t?
I don’t snoop 😯
9 What was cool when you were young but isn’t cool now?
Anything with being outside. Kids just don’t play outside anymore. Times have changed. Honestly, it just not safe anymore.
10 Your top tip for finding blog-spiration?
Conversations with friends always gives me a topic or two.
Here are 11 random facts about me.
I actually like cats
I am very passionate
My favorite hobbies are reading and fishing.
I don’t really like swimming in lakes. There was one time when I was a counselor at a church camp and we were out skiing. We got hot and jumped into the lake to cool off. It was up in Arkansas so the water was extremely clear and my best friend and I just happened to look down, I guess at the right moment, and see a fish bigger than the boat. Out of the water we went…
Last thing I want to do is be eaten by a fish. I prefer to eat them 🙂
My PawPaw was my hero growing up.
I almost went pro as a golfer out of high school. I still love the game.
I’m not allergic to anything…that I found anyway.
I love just sitting in the woods watching the animals and listening to the wind go through the trees.
My favorite cartoon character is Foghorn Leghorn.
Stand By Me is one of my favorite movies.
If you say something that either hurts me or ticks me off I will walk away, gain my composure and then come back and carry on the conversation, because I do not want to say something I would regret.
Now, let’s see who Stu nominates for this.
It is never easy to choose, because there are so many great bloggers out there with a voice, wanting to help others by sharing from their heart.
Tosin over at Alethea’s Mind
Stefan over at The Fourth Dimension Of Life
Jeff over at Luttajeff
Cheryl over at The Blessed Dragon
Michele over at The Happy Chic
Denine over at Live Today
Now for my questions to you, my dear blogging friends.
1. What would be the one thing you would tell your younger self, if you could go back in time?
2. What is your favorite verse in the Bible and why?
3. What is your reason for starting your blog?
4. Which actor/actress did you have a crush on growing up?
5. Do you prefer board games or a game of cards?
6. What is you favorite breakfast food?
7. Do you prefer mustard or mayo?
8. Which TV series can you not go a week without watching?
9. Have you wanted to do something but chose not to because of circumstances?
10. When was the last time you went out to eat?
11. How hard is it to forgive yourself?
I hope you have fun answering these and sharing these/your own questions with the blogging world!
The Official Rules Of The Liebster Award
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
1. thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3. answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
6. create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7. list these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)