Most people have heard the saying God formed you in the womb and you are fearfully and wonderfully made. That is in the Bible, its scriptural, but most don’t read or know the next verses. So here you go.
Psalms 139: 14-18
14) I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Marvelous are thy works, and that my soul knows right well.
15) My substance was not hidden from thee, when I was made in secret, and intricately wrought in the womb.
16) Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unformed; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.
17) How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! How great is the sum of them!
18) If I could count them, they are more in number than the sand; when I awake, I am still with thee.
It doesn’t matter what others think of you. It doesn’t matter what your spouse says. They may call you names that hurt.
But God formed you in your mothers womb. God, the creator of Heaven and earth fearfully and wonderfully created a marvelous masterpiece.
I mean He did it all. He placed your bellybutton where it is. He knew whether it would be an insy or and outy. He placed all the DNA inside you to be exactly who you should be, the shape you should be, the size you should be. Notice I said should, because anxiety and depression can wreck havoc due to overeating if not dealt with, as can drug addiction and alcoholism.
Here’s what got my attention from these verses. How precious are your thoughts unto me and if I could count them they would outnumber the sand. Probably all of us has played in a sand box at one time or another in our lives. Have you thought about how many grains of sand that is? Now imagine all the sand on earth! That IS how much God thinks about us, about you.
Parents, how many times have you just sat there and watched your children sleep. Spouses, how many times have you laid there and just watched your wife or husband sleep? What were the wonderful thoughts of love and adoration going through your head?
The same is true of our Heavenly Father! He watches us as we sleep, as we wake, as we go to work, as we do our daily routine, as we worship and as we sin. But His thoughts are of love for us. And oh how precious those thoughts must be!!
So in the morning when you wake up just look around, smile and say good morning God; for He is already there by your side!
I am speaking to myself here as well. I do watch my children sleep and such loving thoughts and memories flood in. One day, God willing, I will be able to watch the woman I love sleep and have amazing thoughts of her. Knowing everything and loving her still.
But it is hard for me sometimes to see God looking down on me, knowing myself and my sins, and smiling with so many wonderful thoughts. Yet He does. He loves me despite myself.
Thanks for reading my thoughts on these verses.