As Mother’s Day is upon us I am reminded of all that my mom has done for me in my lifetime and even before she met me that day in the hospital room. She nurtured me in her womb. She feed, clothed me and loved me for years. For that I will always be grateful. She is and will always be loved by me.
But I am also reminded that there are plenty of women who will be sad this Mother’s Day and for various reasons….
1. They have tried and tried to become pregnant and have not been successful.
2. They have had an abortion and feel remorseful regardless whether they had children afterwards.
3. Missing their mother on this special day.
4. They have lost a child who they carried, raised and loved. Does not matter the circumstances by which the child was lost. Any loss of a child is a life changing event.
5. They have had multiple miscarriages due to health reasons and have given up on having their own children to call them mom.
6. They have a husband that does not share in raising the children.
7. They have a husband that does not appreciate her as a wife or mother.
8. Their children have left home to begin their own lives.
And this list could go on and on I am. Those are just a few that came to mind. I am sure there are more.
Sad thing is…I know a lot of women who will be sad, hurt and lonely this Mother’s Day for many of the reasons listed above. Some of them could claim multiple reason from the list above.
I will be calling my mom right at church to wish her a Happy Mother’s Day. To let he know how much I love her and appreciate her. I will also text my ex-wife to wish her a Happy Mother’s Day as well. She deserves it regardless of our relationship.
But I will also be thinking of others as the day progresses and praying for many.